Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Price Action Forex Trading Strategies

• My core trading philosophy
My personal trading style is completely focused on “reading” the price movement of the market in its “natural” form, or in other words: “Price Action Trading Analysis’”. I don’t use any indicators or confusing systems; I simply trade from a naked price chart.
I have an arsenal of powerful price action patterns that I look for within the structure of the market. For example, if a market is in an uptrend, I will be looking for price to retrace to a support level within the uptrend, this is what I consider a “value” area, and I will then watch patiently for one of my price action signals to confirm a trade entry. Whilst the majority of my trades are following the trend of the market, I will occasionally take a counter-trend trade setup or a range-bound market trade.
Regardless of what direction I am trading, the main thing I am looking for is “obvious” price patterns forming at “key” levels in the market. When I see one of my trade setups has formed at a key level in the market, I consider this a green-light confirmation signal for me to enter a trade. Given that there are only a ‘few’ good signals each week, I spend a lot of time just waiting patiently for a trading opportunity. I wrote a very popular article last year on the concept of being a patient trader waiting to ambush trading opportunities, you can read that article here: “Trading Like A Sniper “.
In summary, my trading approach is largely built on finding multiple pieces of “evidence” that work together to confirm an entry into the market. Professional traders call this “trading with confluence”. In regards to my price action trading strategies, trading with confluence means looking for multiple factors on the chart that support the case for entering on a price action signal that has formed.
Overall, my trading strategy might appear quite simple, and frankly it is, but as I said before; simple is better in Forex trading. I’ll be honest with you guys, must unprofitable or beginner traders are attracted to overly-complex trading methods and this is usually what leads to their eventual failure. As a trader who has “been around the block” a few times, I know what has worked for me in the markets, and I feel it’s my job to convey that information to other traders. Thus, my main priority as a trading mentor is to teach my students how to trade with a simple forex trading strategy.

No comments: