• Forex is the largest market in the world, with daily volumes exceeding $3 trillion per day. This means dense liquidity which makes it easy to get in and out of positions.
• Trade whenever you want: There is no opening bell in the Forex
market. You can enter or exit a trade whenever you want from Sunday
around 5pm EST to Friday around 4pm EST.
• Ease of access: You can fund your trading account with as little as
$250 at many retail brokers and begin trading the same day in some
cases. Straight through order execution allows you to trade at the click
of a mouse.
• Fewer currency pairs to focus on, instead of getting lost trying to analyze thousands of stocks
• Freedom to trade anywhere in the world with the only requirements being a laptop and internet connection.
• Commission-free trading with many retail market-makers and overall lower transaction costs than stocks and commodities.
• Volatility allows traders to profit in any market condition and
provides for high-probability weekly trading opportunities. Also, there
is no structural market bias like the long bias of the stock market, so
traders have equal opportunity to profit in rising or falling markets.
While the forex
market is clearly a great market to trade, I would note to all
beginners that trading carries both the potential for reward and risk.
Many people come into the markets thinking only about the reward and
ignoring the risks involved, this is the fastest way to lose all of your
trading account money. If you want to get started trading the Fx market
on the right track, it’s critical that you are aware of and accept the
fact that you could lose on any given trade you take.